The 2018 International Symposium of Ecohydrology and Water Security (ISEWS) will serve as an international forum, inviting researchers in the areas of ecohydrology and emerging water research, with a focus on interactions among water and ecosystems, water resources, and water security. In Particular, the related new opportunities and challenges from developing countries will be discussed together with industrial representatives, policymakers, and stakeholders. The critical concerns and significant future challenges as well as scientific and strategic responses will be identified.
Water security issues in developing countries, especially in underdeveloped areas of Central Asia, Southeast Asia and Africa, are of special significance considering the large population and unsafe water resource situation. Researches that put forward suggestions and solutions for water resources management and water security issues to help the developing countries are thus essential also in line with the Belt and Road Initiative in China.
THEMES AND TOPICS
1. Ecohydrological processes and new technologies
- Advancement on the fundamental theory and new method of ecohydrology
- Forest hydrology and land cover change
- Ecohydrology related mechanisms in river and lakes
- Wetland ecohydrology
- New technologies and approaches applied to eco-system restoration, prevention and reconstruction in urban area, wetland, river and rural area
2. Water security and ecosystem-related issues
- Water security issue related to eco-hydrological process
- Reconnection of rivers, lakes and reservoirs
- Water allocation, operation and regulation related to ecohydrology
- Water issues and solutions for the community
3. Panta Rhei – sustainable water security to safeguard ecosystem and society
- Ecohydrology-based integrated water resources management (IWRM) and application
- Case study in China/Asia, Africa and rest of the world for a changing ecosystem and water system Panta Rhei
- Water security issue and scientific responses related to the Road & Belt initiative
© Copyright NWU . – All Rights Reserved.